Organizations, agencies, or individuals that support the mission of the Coalition are invited to become involved in the Community Coalition for Healthy Youth. There are three levels of membership:
- Attend monthly meetings
- Plan, select, and work on Coalition activities
- Oversee funding and administrative duties
Participating members are active in the work of the Coalition from time to time. This may include serving on a committee or taking on a task related to Coalition work.
Supporting members receive regular updates and communications from the Coalition. They may also participate in educational or action events sponsored by the Coalition, and/or be active in work related to the mission of the Coalition.
Current Committees — If you are interested in helping with our efforts, you may be interested in joining one of our committees. Contact Kris Bennett, 274-5310, for more info:
- Youth Action Committee - involving youth in our efforts in positive ways that further our work and outreach (Current/recent work: "Above the Influence" Tag It project (www.abovetheinfluence.com); "sticker shock" campaign in July: youth placed stickers on beer in Trumansburg area stores reminding that it's illegal to purchase or provide alcohol to people under age 21)
- Parent/Caregiver Committee - working to reach out to parents and others with meaningful roles with youth to underscore their importance in helping young people make healthy choices.
- Community Committee - helping our coalition connect with the broader community (schools, coaches, businesses, and others) in ways that will help our mission to support non-use by youth.
- Board Development Committee - helping our Coalition increase community collaboration by recruiting board members, overseeing public relations and outreach, supporting cultural competence and training of the board, overseeing community needs assessment around youth substance use, and supporting sustainability.
- Executive Committee - comprised of officers of the Coalition and 2 representatives from each of the other committees.
For more information or if you are interested in joining the efforts of the Community Coalition for Healthy Youth, click here.